Monday 28 January 2013

The new woman is a man

At my request, my husband found a new job. Something that challenged him, so that he wouldn't have so much time on his hands  and that was turning out quite nicely until a new guy was hired.

The new guy is who my husband used to be. I see changes happening...everything my husband has worked on, is slowing disappearing. His short temper is coming back, he swears a lot more, the other day he wanted to know if he could go back to pirating movies...

Last year, my husband was really getting into church and was even considering volunteering...the other day I had to hear about - why does he need to join a cult...excuse me???? A cult? Where did that come from...but I thought about it and I realised its all part of the change...the new woman in his life is a man and my husband is only more than willing to share himself with him.

There is nothing for me to do, except handover the situation to God. I can't force my husband to love me, I can't force him to be a good husband and father. What I can do though, is take charge of my own life.

This time next year, I don't want to be sitting next to a swearing, emotionally absent man wondering whether he loves me. The love I have for myself is enough, I will be happier on my own.

For now, the bromance is going full blast...how the heck am I suppose to compete with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment