Tuesday 27 November 2012

Butterfly stocking ho

Sooooo things are relatively going well - every now and then I spazz out in my head, but I have been managing to centre myself with the question as whether this is a feeling or whether I am right to look sideways at my husband...

Yesterday, he shared with me that he was having coffee break with guys in his team when a woman walked past...apparently a really hot one, with butterfly cut outs in her stockings...one of the guys couldn't stop staring and my husband teased him about it.

Now I am firstly relieved that he felt he could share that with me...that he had the balls to say that he saw an attractive woman. I don;t ask that my husband pretend his blind, I just ask that he stops trying to put his d*ck in every attractive woman he finds - so thats cool, but then a little voice whispers that maybe he was the one that was being teased and he just had to somehow tell me about it?? Ag, I don't know - right now a big account has landed on my desk and as I dreamed last night that if I found out that my husband was going back to jerk off days, there would be no drama this time. I would simply ask him to leave and get back to work!!  Maybe I am the workaholic he calls me...

Anyways, so lets assume that its true - the guy that was staring has been married for less than a month - things don't look so hot in that future, but it got me thinking...

Why do things turn to shit after we get married? Like do our husbands feel that they have somehow reached the finish line and have conquered all they can, they need new challenges? Is it the stress of needing to pay the bills, dealing with someone else's irritating habits - that damn near extinguishes all romantic love?

There is something about getting married that seems to ruin a relationship...

I don't know how I feel about living with your partner before you get married. I lived with my hubby for a year before getting married - all turned out to be a lie...but at the same time, surely if you are committed enough to live together, you should be committed enough to get married?

What will I tell my child one day, when they ask my opinion? Do I advise them to truly know someone before you marry them or do I say - that there is no way to prepare for what life has in store so just dive in...
 
So ja man - life is strange...

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, I just had this long comment typed and safari crapped out on me!

    Anyway...

    My hubby says when he was acting out he had chaos in his brain but now that he is sober that chaos isn't there anymore. I can understand that to some extent from my addiction in the 80's.

    As for what we are going to tell the kids...we want them to read - Not Just Friends by Shirley Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! I hate it when that happens!!

    I def check out that book :-) I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say dive in, there is no way to prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just been thinking about you, stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!!! Its been a while :-( Things seriously took off work wise at the end of last night and I have channeling all my emotional energy to being brilliant under crazy pressure...only to realise about a week ago,that i'm killing myself over something that people don't appreciate until the results are made available. I also seem to have attracted the workplace bully...I nearly cried the other day, but the decided to my big girl panties on and just look for another job. Unfortunately the bully is part of the leadership structure...she has this hectic temper tantrums and then the rest of the week she tries to make up for it, but the damage has already been done. So people have left before because of her and now I understand why :-(

    So ja, work stress, work bullies, but thankfully the fam seems to be doing well :-) Hows it on your end of the world?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My end of the world is cold...brrr! We've been wearing our woolly socks.

    A workplace bully! geezz sounds so childish and lame. isn't one of the strangest things about growing up realizing that adults aren't much different from children?

    I hope your job hunt goes well and Im super glad your family seems to be doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously?? LOL Its sweltering over here. Today we registered an african 35 degrees - that like 95 fahrenheit I think :-)

    Today, I had to speak to 400 teens about leadership AAAHHHH - but at least went well, but damn it, I felt my age for a minute there.

    Yeah, the bully is crazy. I don't think is deliberately malicious - its like she loses her ability to control herself and she strikes out. Afterwards was really nice to me, but if there was one thing that my husbands infidelity has taught - is that I won't take shit from anyone anymore. I am harder than I was before. The silver lining, is that I stand up for myself more readily these days.

    So I am keeping my eye on her and if she comes at me again, I am going to call into our boardroom for a little one on one time.

    Thanks re the job!!! I hope so to :-)

    ReplyDelete