Tuesday 6 November 2012

Those damn Thai hookers

So, my husband and I have decided that we are going on a proper oversees holiday. At first I was really excited about going to Spain, but the euro would kill us - so I slowly broached the idea of South East Asia.

Now for many us - we know what goes on there. In my first trip there with my folks, I saw some interesting things - including the obvious foreigner with his Thai companion.These men tower over genetically small men and women...blatant in there differentness. The women look smug while there fingers curl tightly over the sex tourists t-shirt...there is no shame to be seen anywhere. These women would love my husband and I am sure he would love them to...at least once upon a time he would have.

I wonder if its wise to go...

I don't want to hide though - I want to go and he will need to learn to face his demons in the onslaught of willing women. I can hear it now...Maaasssage sir - easy easy - right this way- YUCK YUCK.  I wonder if they will even care that I will standing right beside him.What I know for sure, is that there won't be a minute where we won't be with each other, so they can go fly a kite - but the offer of easy sex - will it trigger something for him?

Another issue is my weight- these women age amazingly and they must be at least quarter my size. I felt my size keenly the last time I was there. I was slightly lighter then, at 104kgs, but still man, as even I stood head and shoulders over most people I felt like a fumbling female giant. They stared at me with amazement - how does someone get that big, I could almost hear them wonder. This one woman campaigned quite heavily to massage my mom - most likely because they had never seen so much flesh and fat on one person before. I felt like a freak show, constantly aware that I did not compare favourably with the local fare...

So even more reason to lose the love handles - to check out my  journey - feel free to check the next tab called called the http://xena-killingcupid.blogspot.com/p/fatty-boom-boom-diaries.html

So yep - we're looking at awesome places to visit - for with him we need tech at bargain prices and sport and I adore  cultural and historical sites...this could be something good for us...I hope it turns out that way...

4 comments:

  1. would you enjoy a vacation there? i don't think i could handle it. I vote for you to go somewhere else less blatant. And, no, they don't care if the man they are soliciting is hand in hand with his wife. In fact, they may offer you a pedicure while he gets his.

    but you do need a vacation---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - its a bit of a risk ;-( There is a part of me, I think thats also looking at it as a bit of a do over. The last time I went to South East Asia, he started his spin of our control. Even though, it has nothing to do with me- I regret not insisting that my then brand new fiance come along.

    I think it could work, but we need to plan wisely. Family friendly is my buzz word right now and its normally code for not having clubs or girly bars ( I don't think I have ever come across a place like this before, where sex is on sale to such a degree!).

    Like for now, our holiday looks divided into urban and beach. In the urban sector, I think we could come across some "interesting" offers. If I remember correctly, these chicks just walk up to you in the street, like its no big deal...there is no doubt, my husband would be a target, tall and white- they will just assume that he has cash to burn...but between this and the resorts, the resorts are more dangerous.

    I was shocked to find out, that some of these island getaways are so blatantly involved in the sex trade. Its disgusting and for that reason, we won't be spending a lot of time there - maybe half a day I think in Phuket (a massive offender) to do some water sports and then we're off to Ko Lanta - "boring" in comparison, but what made me feel right at home was that they positively straight laced there - no girly bars and they don't allow jet skis (which kinda sucked, but I think will add to the quite charm of the place). Its reputed to be family friendly, so we're spending a good week there.

    I guess we'll just see how it goes hey...if my husband gets weird I might just leave him there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that idea...if he gets weird, maroon him on an island of girly bars! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend your progress Xena because as far as I feel I've come in my journey through all this, I don't think I could handle it with as much strength and courage as you. Or with a much grace and composure either. Good luck and have loads of fun!!

    ReplyDelete