Thursday 14 June 2012

#11 things I can't say out loud

Every now and then, I look on in self-righteous indignation at whats happended to me. Me...the counsellor and community worker. Me, the woman who has worked through the night over and over again to contribute towards the betterment of my community. Me, the social activist and mentor. Me, who sacrificed half her life to the ministery. Me, who has worked hard, studied hard, tries her best to be an engaged daughter, loving wife and optismistic friend. Me...

I know I am supposed to be graceful about it because it can happen to anyone...but why Me? Surely my goodness should shield me from some of life's miseries...but then again surely mercy and goodness will follow me all my days.

Sigh...if only good deeds bought me ticket to a life less traumatic. My life would be a balmy afternoon on the beach :-)

5 comments:

  1. I can relate to this.

    It frustrates me not knowing the answer.

    But theres a sentece I read on Jacy's blog that stuck and comes back everytime I feel this way. Something like:

    BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.

    I guess it all comes down to thinking: in order to know and cherish happiness we must know what misery feels like.

    Or maybe its just a fu´´ed up world.

    Nah... lets stick to the nicer thoughts!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah...life just sucks sometimes. if there is any justice, our joy willm overtake the pain we have had to endure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sucks how bad things happen to good people, right? And it is a true statement. Almost everyone I know has gone through or is going through hard things. Illness, death of a child, abuse, neglect, job loss...whatever. For me the secret is finding happiness in who I am. But that is all i have control over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.

    Bad things happen to bad people too. karma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe thats the problem for me...for a long time I thought my marriage was a reflection of me and therefore happy marriage means happy wife. Now that my marriage is broken, I am desperately unhappy. I don't know how to be happy where I am...but maybe with time it will come..

    ReplyDelete