Friday 4 May 2012

#9 things I can't out loud

My mother was recently made redundant. One day I was on leave and we decided to have do lunch together. So we go to some swish building to buy furniture while on our lunching mission. There was this man...he joked that he visits my mom while my dad was away wink wink...chit chat chit chat ....she makes some weird remark about skinny dipping. He says he would like to see that...

The other day, the furniture she ordered was delivered and when I asked where the her old stuff went she said that she gave it to her sister to give away to a church...did I mention that the guy was on a church board?

I don't believe her. I think he paid a visit. I think she lied to me...the question is why? Is she cheating on my dad, while he works in another city :-(

3 comments:

  1. ooh crap! Did you ask her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm to afraid of what I might hear:-( I could easily ask my aunt some random logistic question about how it was getting the couches to the church...but if she has no idea what I'm talking about, I think I will actually freak out. I find it disturbing that my mom doesn't want to move to the city my dad is working in. We live in cape town and he works in Johannesburg. IF he has money he comes down every second weekend. It's been like this for the last 2 years. Now that she is has lost her job there is no excuse,but no she is still here keeping in contact with old colleagues who are all male.

    It's hard to admit, but my mom is a flirt. But what if there is something deeper happening? She is alone all day with limitless internet. She enjoys the company of men ( well who doesn't but you know what I mean). It's a recipe for disaster.

    I dont want to be the person telling my dad that his wife is dodgy, but like an ulcer in my mouth, I can't stop tonguing the idea...its gonna drive me crazy!! What the hell are u supposed to do when you suspect a parent of infidelity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I don't know what i'd do. Seems like you see all the signs. And it probably terrifying to think of what the truth could be. Are u close to your mom and dad? Or do u have any brothers or sisters u could talk to?

    ReplyDelete