Thursday 3 May 2012

After work drinks --- are you f*cking kidding me.

Glowing in the new found serenity within my marriage, a turd of note hit me. You see my husband started a new job yesterday. I had placed a lot of pressure on him to get a new job because:

a) he works with young hot women = waaay to much easily available temptation
b) we need the bucks now that we have a baby to look after

So off he went and got a job. In our over dinner chit chat, he casually tells me that at the his new place of employment, they have monthly after work staff parties. From what I gather, alcohol is freely available.

                                                                   M*THER F*CKER

Can you believe it!!!

I am trying to hang onto the serenity, but its slipping through my fingers like sand. My husband going to monthly staff parties, is not within my game plan for our marriage. The last time he went to a staff get together, he stayed behind "chatting" to a colleague, in the dark, well after everyone went home. Staff parties are out- but on the other hand...he needs to learn to deal with inviting situations. I want scream at him...I want him to have a boring job and work with only straight males. I feel as though danger is lurking everywhere and I am scared that he will make the wrong choices.

Can I ban my husband from attending working functions?....should I? I want to, but it doesn't solve the problem. To make matters worse - the object of my obsession, his laptop had to be returned to his previous employer. No more manic "searches" through his folders, in which I was utterly convinced he was hiding something - its gone and I feel the loss keenly.

So to recap , his laptop is no longer accessible and he is starting a new job where staff parties are regular and lots of young flesh will be on show and inhibitions will be lost. stress Stress STRESS!!!

Why does this happen everything time I think we have made in roads?? Somethings comes up and sweeps it aside. 1 step forward, 2 steps back and its driving me crazy.

I don't know what I am going to tell him about the staff party thing. I think that if partners are not invited to an after work function, that you shouldn't go. Those things are breeding grounds for affairs and flirting... I feel like the hulk and all I want to do is SMASH!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment