Tuesday 8 May 2012

Supersize

I have picked up weight. Two months ago I got super sick. I think my body finally caved in, from the stress of my husbands infidelity, being made redundant and my sister telling me that her husband hits her. I have had a shit year.

So there I was struggling to even breathe. Exhausted but unable to sleep. Sick and tired of me and my life, feeling guilty that I used to weep in front of my baby, when daddy wasn't around. It all got to much. So ja, my body took matters into its own hands and shut down. I was sick, so I stopped exercising to my body a chance to regroup, but days turned weeks and weeks have turned into months and I started eating everything in sight... and I have picked up 4kgs.

I haven't weighed myself in a while, afraid that the heaviness I feel is real. But this morning, was the day and yep, 4 kgs heavier. I am disspointed in myself that I haven't tried harder, but today I will start again.

I want to feel and look good. I am tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see. I am tired of sitting next to my skinny friends and trying to hide behind them in photographs. Soooo, next step- discovering healthy winter meals.

Thursday is his first staff party...mmmm by now I would be bouncing off the walls. Surprisingly after the first onslought of stressdom, I am not doing to badly. Maybe I have moved forward after all...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry sorry. Stress does wonders for the body doesn't it? It's not fair! You've paid a dear price my sweet friend. I hope Heaven will smile on you this week:)

    ReplyDelete