Monday 29 October 2012

Common ground

We have been going around from church to church, trying to find a spiritual home.  A place where we would both feel comfortable - not an easy feat since I am heavily pentecostal and my husband was raised Catholic. But if there is one thing I have learnt, is that it doesn't matter if we choose different ways in which to serve the Lord -all that matters, is that we do.

So we have been visiting and I have been growing desperate. October has been a HORRIBLE month. I've been fighting him and I've been fighting me and its all getting a bit much.  The other day I was reading my buddys blog and she was chatting about how everything gets worse before it gets better and here I am at the end of October and things are seem to be taking a turn for the interesting.

We found a church last night and at first I was really put out, by all the pretty girls, but ja - whatcha gonna do. The worship was amazing and the minister spoke about how we are all children of God. It doesn't matter what we have done, what we will do - God knew us before we were born and He loves us just the same. It was powerful....then another minister stood up and said the following thing and I felt as if God was sending a message to me. He said:

" Sometimes we are like seeds. We are buried under the ground and we think that this is the end. That its finished - its over. But if we just hang on, we will find that what is waiting for us on the other side is far greater than what we could ever imagine. If we push through, the blessing of God is far greater than what we could hope for".

And that's what my life feels like right now. I feel like I have been buried in deep shit and I am fighting for sunlight. Its cold and its dark and I am holding on to the memory of what I know my God can do. My God has never let me down and He has saved me time and time again - and here I am desperately hoping that not only that my God Saves, but my God Heals.

At the end of the service, my husband said something that I had always hoped for - but never thought possible. He said, if we settle in this church - than he would consider helping out with their tech stuff. My mind was blown. Two years ago, my husband couldn't handle church and now his talking about volunteering - wow!!!

The sunlight is warming the soil and the possibility of what my marriage could be is calling out...

The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."
Haggai 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment