Monday 8 October 2012

“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past”

“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past”. — Lily Tomlin


I was ignored and abused. Second best, second place always.
It took a working of the Holy Spirit to remove the knife from my hand.
I won't go back there...not for him, not for anyone.

I have forgiven all that I can
 those who should have protected me but betrayed me, 
I closed my eye against indulging hate and followed a higher calling...

It took years of reconditioning and genuinely dilligently following God
until one day I woke up and it was all gone. 
The pain
The fear
The tears

I came to terms with my past and my future was indeed a brighter for this

Will it happen again if I forgive now and forge ahead?

When will I decide, finally,...that I can not change what has happended and by reliving it all 
I can not hope to change it...

The past is yesterday, tomorrow is yet to be decided

ALL I HAVE IS NOW AND I CAN LIVE WITH THAT

No comments:

Post a Comment