Thursday 23 August 2012

Everything must change

This week I heard, that we didn't get a big proposal. It means that past December, we have no idea what will happen. Last year I was retrenched and rehired and I can't do it again. So I am looking for other jobs..but here is the thing

I don't want to settle. I don't want to have a job, I want a career. I want to feel good about what I am doing and proud of the contribution I am making in society---but because of the time, all I see is jobs and not careers. I would give my all, if I could get a job at the UN or work with a global agency that address woman and child empowerment and development. I want to move forward and not back...even though its come about in a crappy way, this is opportunity for me to rise up and seize something amazing and wonderful - but the life of me, I can't find it.

If I don't find an extension of my career, I will have to settle for a job because bills still need to be paid.

At times like this, I wish I could get a career in a foreign land - new surroundings, new people. I am open to universe and I am ready to learn, but please, please just don't take me backwards...

5 comments:

  1. Hey Xena!!!

    No one can take you backwards. I kinda know the feeling. You see, Im into writing. I write short stories. Thats my thing. Unfortunately, here in Mexico it is not an option for me to make a living by it. So i had to settle on the family business.

    These days Im grateful I have a job. Mr.P is currently unemployed and isnt helping at all with the bills. But the feeling of wanting something that fulfills me on the career department has been lingering for a while.

    So dont let it bring you down, sometimes we must take a crappy opportunity in order to get ready for the BIG ONE. I bet youll be on your own track in a couple of years, just dont give up!!!

    Cheer up Xena, the universe conspires to make us all happy eventually!!!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those words of encouragment! Its true that sometimes we sometimes need to do what we to do hey!! Will let you know how it goes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Wooohooo :-) I always wanted to check it hey...I once saw a movie waaay back in the day called burning?riasing Arizona with Johnny Depp. Looked interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would love it! At least come for a visit...I'd love to meet you someday.

    ReplyDelete