Monday 13 August 2012

Good touch Bad touch

For my 30th, my husband did many amazing things - one included booking us for a SPA treatment. During the message I was getting, I realised how healing touch is. Not sexual touch, but just a caring human touch.

Last night I asked my husband if we could message each other. It was glorious to feel his hands me. His hands warm and strong, felt healing and caring. It felt like being in the sun again after the winter rains...

I asked if we could do it more often. Maybe once a week. I think it could really bring us closer together and maybe it would help me feel more emotionally connected to him.

Its so different from the way I used to feel. Sometimes I think he only touches me when he wants to have sex and before his recovery, it definitely felt like I was just a means an end...like the only thing that I had, that he wanted was my woman parts. But with the message its different. I feel acknowledged.

So perhaps if we do this more often, we will start to lovingly touch each other again...no more bad touches...just good ones:-)

1 comment:

  1. i think you're right. Mr Scabs will rub my feet...and i am in heaven and can almost forgive him. :) a new kind of touching has to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete