Monday 20 August 2012

Tragically overweight and unfit

My husband met me at my best weight. I was doing serious dancing for about 4 days a week - I was a hip hop dance squad captain. I was looking AWESOME!

But I stopped dancing when I started doing my honours year and was working full time, at the same time. It was just to much for me. And that was the beginning of my yo-yo dieting. He never said anything and for a while there I thought it was okay. That he loved me anyway. About 2 years ago, I read a christian book from a couple and the wife took time out to say it like it is...weight is an issue for men. I started exercising at that point, feeling guilty that I wasn't trying my best to look my best for him. And then of course, I found out his assholeness...which just made me feel worse about myself. For a while I wasn't eating much, determined to starve myself to make a point, which of course didn't last long. Oh I have attemtped to take control of my eating habits along the way, but I was either "sick" or "tired"...excuses...

This weekend, I played with my beautiful son and my knees were weak and my legs struggled with his weight. My breathing, fast and shallow- I could only play for maybe 15 minutes. I am so tragically unfit. I look at my mother and she could easily turn into one of those women that you need to hire a crane to get out of their own homes. I don't want to turn out like that. So Spring is nearly upon us, and its time to try again. Its time to try, so I can play with my son, but also protect him if I had to, I want to try, because I have never felt so beautiful and confident as I did, then when I felt healthy and in control...and although some women would say that it doesn't matter and I would agree it shouldn't, but I need to lose weight for my husband. Its not fair that that I am three times the woman I used to be when he met me. I will never have skinny hip bones again, but right now the massive tummy could do with a change.

I don't know why its so hard for me. I know its wrong, but I continue to stuff myself with food, long after I feel full. Its not okay and I want to feel better about myself.

I have been afraid to weigh myself again. I think I weigh almost as much as I did, when I was full term pregnant. So I will start today. Nothing hectic. Keyword will be sustainable. I will not go out and buys tons of chips, chocolate and the like. I will have my lunch and it will be enough. If it doesn't rain, I will venture outside for a quick walk, just to get some form of exercise going...tomorrow I will face what I have done to myself and weigh myself to assess the damage. Come summer, I will be a better, healthier me!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Xena!!!

    I found this video a while ago and loved it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zPU-8bsTE

    You see, I was really overwight, last year was my worst. I almost got to 100 kg!!! I went to the gym, but stuffed with food sideways so it really didnt work until i made a commitment with a dietist. I lost a lot of weight and was getting really sexy and all and then BAM!!! Dday and 2 weeks later, i found out i was pregnant with twins hhahaha

    But anyway, I feel great. I think i read somewhere that this song was about the singer's weighloss battle. So I hope it gives you that little motivation you need to succed in your quest!!!

    Best wishes!!!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Oh Kara, that was just what I needed. Is that Beth Ditto? Me and big mamma are going to become good friends.

    The samn thing happened to me! I felt bad about the weight, so I exercised and I was doing really well and then I fell pregnant, but I was still eating right and then I found out about him and it all just went downhill from there.

    Thank you for being such an encouragment to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kara - try adding a translater app to your blog :-) If its not possible, what language is it in, so I can google translate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey X!!

    Im glad it was good for you! Yep its Beth Ditto! She´s amazing!!!

    Dont give up on your goal I know you will make it and then maybe if you feel like it we can swap pictures of our weight battles!!

    As for the translater app, I will try to figure it out, meanwhile, it is in written in spanish.

    I'll be around!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete