Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Brave

Heavily influenced by the thousands of Mills and Boons books and bodice rippers I used to read, I had another messed up and yet persisent dream before the discovery.

I dreamed that I was kidnapped by an Indian brave. Stoic and unemotional, he made me his bride. I cooked and cleaned, but never got anything right. I fought for every kindness and soft look he gave me.He grew to love me....

One day I walked outside our tippee and I saw him riding in with another woman. I wasn't sure of what was happening, as I didn't speak the language - but it became clear that he intended to marry this woman. I was heart broken and tried harder to be the wife he wanted...but he kept on spending more and more time with her.

One day, I woke up and realised I can't be someone's second choice and decided to run away.

We made love and I whispered goodbye, as he left me yet again for her. I pretended to take the clothes to the conviently close river to do some washing...and I ran away with the next stage coach passing through.

He searched and searched for me, but I was nowhere to be found. I was long gone to my next adventure and he...well he felt a sadness, he never felt before and for the first time ever, showed some emotion and cried.


No comments:

Post a Comment